Warranty on Remanufactured Auto and Light Duty Trucks
(ABSOLUTELY- NO LABOR INCLUDED IN THIS POLICY)
* Absolutely ---- No Labor Warranty with this purchase!
FREE LIMITED CONDITIONAL WARRANTY
By purchasing this product, it is understood that the customer accepts and agrees to comply with the terms of this warranty. Authorization from Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines is required before any warranty work is begun. This is not an unconditional warranty against all hazards or failures. This product is only warranted against defective parts and workmanship performed by there manufacturer. Any engine damage that is not a result of defective materials or faulty workmanship immediately terminates this warranty. Example: Your water hose comes off and you overheat your engine!
Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc.and/or DBA Chicago Engines, warrants to the original purchaser that each engine sold shall be free, under normal use and periodic maintenance as set forth by the original manufacturer, from any defects in material and workmanship subject to the following terms and conditions:
Engine: As used herein, the term shall mean an engine supplied by Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines of the same original manufacturer and application as that delivered by the owner-user directly to Budget Engine Rebuilders and/or DBA Chicago Engines or its point of installation or point of retail sale.
Terms: Warranty shall exist for twelve (12) months, or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Gasoline trucks over 11,000 GVW have a warranty term of six (6) months or 6,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Motor homes are not covered by Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or Chicago Engines limited warranty.
- Product replaced under warranty: Any product replaced for warranty purposes will be warranted through the original product's warranty term only. This term begins upon the original product's invoice date and applies to the original product's warranty mileage term.
Standards: Subject to limitations listed herein, Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines, at its option, shall repair or replace an engine within the warranty term after determination by Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines that the product is defective. All products are to be returned to Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines for inspection. Products not returned to Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines will not be warranted. Only the engine itself is covered by this warranty: no labor costs are provided for either to replace or repair an engine determined to be warrantable, unless Budget Engine and Chicago Engine's optional labor engine protection plan has been purchased. (See Labor Engine Protection Page)
Limitations: This warranty applies only to the basic engine long block and internal parts of the engine.
This warranty shall not apply to or include any of the following:
- Repair or replacement required as a result of any accident or misuse.
- Repair or replacement of any engine accessory or service item, including specifically without limitations, all components of the cooling system, fuel, electrical and engine control systems and all points, plugs, oil filters and belts and exhaust systems.
- Any engine used for competition racing or related purposes.
- Any Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines' engine which has been repaired or remodeled by any person other than an authorized dealer, or to which any device or accessory not conforming to original manufacturer's specifications has been installed. (Computer chip, Aftermarket camshaft or accessories of any kind.)
- Any engine on which the periodic maintenance services required by the original manufacturer have not been performed. (Oil changes, catalytic converter replacement etc.)
- Warranty does not apply to any engine damage as a result of over-heating or lack of lubrication or contamination.
- Warranty does not apply to engine damage resulting from pre ignition or detonation. This includes, but is not limited to, melted or broken pistons, broken piston rings, damaged cylinder heads, etc.
- Warranty does not cover components that have been tampered or altered with outside a qualified repair shop after installation; registered owner assumes the risk. Damage or abuse through towing, improper load capacity or continued operation of an impaired vehicle voids warranty.
- Blown head gaskets, fluid leaks, cracked heads or block, overheating or other engine failures due to lack of fluids, improper maintenance are not covered.
- Any abrasives used on cylinder heads, blocks or accessories voids all warranties.
- Not having proper documentation and verifiable receipts from a commercial oil change facility for oil and filter changes will be required in the event of a claim. Handwritten receipts will not be accepted. Other service receipts and invoices may be requested in the event of a claim.
- Does not cover loss of time, loss of income or revenue, loss of transportation or vehicle rental, equipment rental, towing charges, piston scuffing.
- Damage done to the thrust bearing on load side of bearing, due to transmission failures.
- Any and all diagnostic time, fluids, filters or shop supplies.
- Warranty will be voided, if temperature indications have exceeded "250 degree," or if heat tabs have melted and/or are missing or are not original. (See Heat Tabs page)
- Damage caused by foreign objects dropped or drawn into cylinders or crankcase.
- Any engine, which has been improperly installed or fails because of defects or inefficiency of parts or units not furnished with the engine) i.e., carburetors, air filter, fuel pump, and brake booster). Any engine operated under conditions causing greater than normal wear, or used for purposes for which it was not originally designed (such as stationary power units, race cars, etc.). Oil consumption due to fuel wash, also is not covered.
- Any engine installed in vehicle for which engine was not specified by engine remanufacture as original equipment option (such as passenger vehicle engine installed in truck or RV). Engines that operate on propane or any fuel other than gasoline.
- Gaskets not installed by the factory are the responsibility of the installer and are not covered under this warranty.
- Engines shipped out of the continental United States.
- Damage due to clogged oil coolers or oil cooler lines.
- Any unclean parts assembled on the engine (such as oil pan, valve covers, front timing cover) by your installer allowing dirt, silicone and debris to float inside the oil and cause lifter noise or bearing damage. Things like this are installer errors.
- Any turbo's that cause engine failure.
- This warranty does not include diagnostic time for problems not related to parts and services.
- Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines reserves the right to replace or repair at its option defective parts or components warranted under this contract.
Any tulip valves that may happen inside any cylinder head or heads that may have experienced any abnormal operating temperatures.
Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines reserves the sole right to investigate and determine the reason for the failure of the engine. This warranty states and implies that the customer understands Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and Chicago Engines shall not be liable for any labor costs or other expenses in replacing a defective product nor for any incidental or consequential damages resulting from or contributed to by any defect in materials or workmanship.
Additional Limitations and Customer Obligations:
- Important: Oil & filter must be changed after the first 300 miles of service.
- Warning: On start-up: Readjust valves to manufacturer's specifications after initial test drive, if applicable. Failure to perform these operations voids warranty.
Limited Liability: The liability of Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines under this warranty is limited solely to the repair or replacement of defective parts or workmanship. Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines shall not be liable for any labor costs, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, or for any service not expressly provided for herein, relating to or arising from the Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines engine. Warranty is non-transferable.
Limited Warranty: This warranty is given in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, on the part of Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines or the dealer selling or installing the engine. No dealer, nor any agent or employee thereof is authorized to extend or enlarge this warranty.
Farm, lift-truck and industrial applications carry a warranty term of 12 months.
All short blocks are warranted against defects in workmanship and material for 6 months or 6,000 miles, whichever comes first.
All alleged defective parts shall be returned to Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines within thirty (30) days of discovery and prior to the expiration of the warranty. All shipping costs of alleged defective parts and engines are the responsibility of the purchaser.
Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines, will at its option, repair replace or refund remanufactured product, which is determined to be defective in material or workmanship upon receipt of product, via prepaid shipment to Budget Rebuilders Inc., and Chicago Engines.
This limited warranty is void on engine assemblies if the warranty registration card is not completed and mailed to Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines within ten (10) days of installation.
Any repairs or replacement will not extend the warranty. The buyer shall be responsible for all defects, thereafter, regardless of cause.
Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines limited warranty will end after the expiration of time or mileage from the date of the original invoice.
The buyer will be responsible for shipment and subject to the limitations and conditions of this warranty.
No benefits or remedies are available under this limited warranty while the invoice for the unit or related services remains outstanding.
Governing law, jurisdiction, and venue: any judicial proceeding, claim, or dispute concerning the interpretation, application, nature or extent of this "Limited Warranty" shall be brought in the district court of Cook County, Illinois. Further, this "Limited Warranty" shall be interpreted, construed, and governed by the laws of the State of Illinois.
Any product on which periodic maintenance services required by the original manufacturer has not been performed, can cause your warranty to be voided.
REMANUFACTURED ENGINE LIMITED WARRANTY
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF AND EXCLUDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
MUST BE RETURNED TO BUDGET ENGINE
BUDGET ENGINE INVOICE # MILEAGE
REBUILDERS IN 14 DAYS
OR WARRANTY IS VOIDED
SIGNING THIS WARRANTY
CONSTITUTES BUYER AGREES TO ALL CONDITIONS OF WARRANTY
NAME (Please print) PURCHASER