Marine Engines Warranty
Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines are warranted from the date of invoice as follows:
Pleasure Craft Boats.................................12 Months – No Labor
Commercial or Charter Boats....................12 Months – No Labor
"OPTIONAL" ADD $300.00 TO THE COST FOR A LABOR PROTECTION PLAN!
Pleasure Craft Boats.................................6 Months – No Labor
Commercial or Charter Boats..................6 Months- No Labor
Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines expressly warrants that its engine is of good quality and free from defects in materials or workmanship. Purchaser acknowledges that Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines has made no affirmation of fact or promise relating to its engines outside this Limited Warranty and Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines has provided the purchaser no description, sample or model of its engine upon which the purchaser has relied in deciding to purchase a Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines. Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines will, at its sole discretion, replace defective parts or repair it. All repairs will be made at the seller's or distributor's costs, plus applicable labor pursuant to the labor policy set forth below. Prior authorization is required from Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines before warranty work is begun. Call Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines at (773)586-3577 for a numbered authorization. It is the sole responsibility of the ultimate purchase/owner to pay for such work (including labor and parts) and submit the alleged defective parts, written repair order showing all charges, and a written receipt for payment of all charges to Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines for review and determination by Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines that the engine failure is or is not covered by this limited warranty. Repairs or replacements do not extend this Limited Warranty. All claims should have proper documentation pertaining to oil changes and new accessories installed at time of installation.
I the customer choose to purchase the "OPTIONAL LABOR PROTECTION PLAN" for $300.00 dollars! Box here....
I the customer choose not to purchase the "OPTIONAL LABOR PROTECTION PLAN"for $300.00 dollars. Box here....
Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines will pay labor only when we determine that there is a legitimate warranty, if the purchaser purchased at the time of sale a labor protection plan, you will be protected for some of the labor cost. Should you have chosen not to buy the labor protection plan, then you will assume all labor expenses should something go wrong!
Labor Policy Protection Plan Coverage
Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines will pay labor claims only to repair facilities it has authorized and will only pay labor claims that the purchaser actually incurs as an out of pocket expense. Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines will not be liable for or pay any labor claims on Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines installed by any third party who is not a certified marine mechanic (Marine Certificate or equivalent) it has authorized to perform repair work and will not pay any labor claims on engines installed in whole or in part by purchaser. All labor expenses for field repairs, removal or reinstallation shall be limited to that expense and to those hours listed on the most recent Motors Flat Rate Manual or alternative manual pre-approved by Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines, at the prevailing labor rate for the area but not to exceed $40.00 per hour. In no event shall the total value (labor and parts) of this limited warranty whether paid or made in kind by Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines exceed the original distribution price of the engine purchased plus an additional amount of labor cost not to exceed $350.00 for all boats 25 foot or shorter, $450.00 for cabin cruisers 26 foot or longer. A $100 marine allowance will be allowed on cabin cruisers 26 feet or longer in addition to the limitation on labor costs.
After 10 hours upon initial startup, ultimate purchaser/owner shall assure that a certified licensed and qualified mechanic authorized by Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines inspects your engine, which inspection should include, but is not limited to, adjustment of the tappets (if applicable) adjustment of valves, timing and carburetor adjustments. Carefully monitor levels for the first 100 hours as oil consumption may be higher during this period. Use good quality motor oil of the appropriate grade and viscosity as recommended by the original boat manufacturer. Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines recommends against the use of synthetic oils or non-detergent oil, the use of which by the purchaser shall void this Limited Warranty. Proper oil pressure and lubrication are mandatory for good engine break-in. All boats should be equipped with gauges or lights to indicate engine temperature and oil pressure. DO NOT OPERATE BOAT WITH ABNORMAL OIL PRESSURE OR WATER TEMPERATURE. After initial startup, avoid excessive RPM and keep boat on plane. Vary RPM range for the first 3 to 5 hours of running time. High engine RPM may damage your new engine through friction and high temperatures. Avoid long periods of idling. Engine overheating and engine failure due to the lack of lubrication can be prevented by adequate monitoring of all gauges or lights and should never in the absence of neglect by the purchaser result in engine damage.
Limitations of Warranty and Exclusions
ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES (INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED AND NO WARRANTIES EXIST WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION IN THE EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY ON THE FACE OF THIS DOCUMENT WITH REGARD TO ANY ENGINE OR PART PROVIDED BY BUDGET ENGINE REBUILDERS INC. AND/OR DBA CHICAGO ENGINES. NO TERM OF ANY PURCHASE ORDER OR OTHER FORM FROM THE PURCHASER OR DISTRIBUTOR/SELLER SHALL MODIFY OR CHANGE THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
This Limited Warranty is not an unconditional warranty against all hazards or failures.
Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines shall not be responsible for:
Damage that happens to an engine as a consequence of faulty installation, misapplication, abuse, improper servicing, unauthorized alteration or improper operation.
- Parts not supplied by Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines, (including but not limited to pan, manifolds and covers, water pumps, fuel pumps, distributor and carburetor or fuel injection systems), or damages resulting from the use of parts not supplied by Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines.
- Damage resulting from detonation or pre-ignition, including but not limited to melted or broken pistons, broken or scored rings, damaged cylinder head gaskets, scoring on cylinder walls or piston heads.
- Damage resulting from improper pre-lubrication prior to startup. Cam bearings will scare and tear causing noise and lack of oil pressure.
- Fluids, gas, filter, lay-up time, lodging, telephone or telegraph charges, damage to personal property, commercial loss, normal diagnostic time, loss of revenue, tow-in or other specifically included. Maximum pay out on travel lift expense is $80.00 and only allowable on boats longer then 26 feet in length and only if you purchased a labor protection policy plan at the time of the purchase.
- Engines or internal parts that were improperly installed, damage due to alterations, misuse, neglect, abuse or accidents, damage from environment, or damage caused by improper maintenance.
- Any engine which has been improperly installed or fails because of defects or inefficiency of a part or parts not furnished with the engine (carburetors, air filter, fuel pump, water cooled exhaust manifolds and risers leaking, water in gasoline or overheating the combustion chambers).
- Gaskets and seals not installed by Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines are the responsibility of the installer and are not covered under this warranty.
- Oil cooler lines not being replaced after a bearing failure the first time, causing debris in the oiling system.(Oil coolers and lines MUST BE CHANGED WHEN BEARING FAILURE HAS OCCURED).
- Fuel wash causing excessive oil consumption or causing bearing failure from a bad carburetor or injectors improperly working.
- Melted, missing or different heat tabs indicating overheating or detonation or pre-ignition having had occurred
- Any abrasives, sandblasting or a surfacing conditioning pads being used anywhere on the engine or its accessories.
- Shellac being used on intake gaskets by the intake ports. This can cause ring failure or stuck and galling of intake valves.
- Records of the maintenance performed, receipts and work orders must be kept. The parts, labor, date and mileage or hours, and service performed must be documented on the receipts. Failure to perform these basic operations will result in a voided warranty.
THE ULTIMATE PURCHASER'S/OWNER'S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AGAINST BUDGET ENGINE REBUILDERS INC. AND/OR DBA CHICAGO ENGINES SHALL BE FOR THE REPLACEMENT OF THE ENGINE OR PARTS AT DISTRIBUTORS COST, THE COST OF MATERIALS USED FOR REPAIRS AS SET FORTH ABOVE. NO OTHER REMEDY (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SUCH AS LOST PROFITS, LOST SALES, INJURY TO PERSON OR PROPERTY, TOWING, OIL, LUBRICANTS, FILTERS, ANTIFREEZE, GASKETS, SHIPPING AND FREIGHT, LOSS OF USE OF VEHICLE OR LOSS OF TIME, OR ANY OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS) SHALL BE AVAILABLE TO THE ULTIMATE PURCHASER/OWNER.
GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE
The terms and provisions of this Limited Warranty, and each and every document related to this Limited Warranty, shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the state of Illinois. Any judicial proceeding for the enforcement of this Limited Warranty or any provision thereof shall be instituted only in the courts of Cook County in the state of Illinois.
To insure trouble free performance of your new or remanufactured marine engine, it must be properly maintained. This includes but not limited to:
Oil and Filter changed after initial 10 hours of service. Then, regular oil and filter changes every 2 months or 25 hours, whichever comes first.
Regular check of all fluid levels throughout the engine. Damage resulting from running the engine without adequate oil in the crankcase will void the warranty.
Tune-up, belt and hose replacement when necessary.
Cooling system must be maintained at normal temperatures. Baffles in exhaust system must be working properly.(If they are not working properly it will cause overheating to occur)
REMANUFACTURED ENGINE LIMITED WARRANTY
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF AND EXCLUDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
MUST BE RETURNED TO BUDGET ENGINE
BUDGET ENGINE INVOICE # MILEAGE
REBUILDERS IN 14 DAYS
OR WARRANTY IS VOIDED
SIGNING THIS WARRANTY
CONSTITUTES BUYER AGREES TO ALL CONDITIONS OF WARRANTY
NAME (Please print) PURCHASER