WARRANTY ON SURPLUS AND TEST ENGINES
These Engines come With a Six Month Unlimited mileage Warranty!!!
* Absolutely ---- No Labor Warranty with this purchase!
BEFORE INSTALLING ENGINE
* Verify engine and accessories are correct for your application,
* Match all mounting holes
* You may have to switch oil pan, front timing cover, intake manifold or other accessories to match your specific needs
- Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines reserves the right to either repair or replace under warranty any engine at its discretion where we have determined that it is defective. The replacement engine will be supplied by Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines at our option after doing a very thorough investigation to the cause of the engine failure. This may or may not require you sending it back for us to take apart the engine for a failure anaysis.
- Warranty is not transferable and applies to first owner of engine only.
- Warranty does not cover car rental, towing, fluids, filters, accessories, loss of time, hotel, freight on anything other than the actual unit itself.
- Warranty does not cover any computer reprogramming or aftermarket micro chips that caused damage to engine.
- Warranty does not cover accessories attached to long block. This includes performance of parts attached to the engine or any oil leaks of any kind. Parts such as injectors, sensors and other mechanical parts are not warrantied to work!
- Warranty does not cover detonation, overheated or oil starved engines.
- Warranty does not cover any leaks (i.e.: Front or Rear Main Seals)
- Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines shall not be liable for any incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages.
- Warranty does not cover racing applications.
- Warranty does not cover any swaps, modifications or upgrades.
- Warranty voided if surface conditioning pads are used anywhere on the engine.
- Any engine that needs to be taken apart to investigate the root problem that caused the engine to go bad must be sent back with the customer paying for the shipping cost.
- Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines issues you a limited warranty on the engine which you have just purchased and is described in this warranty, to be free from defects in material or workmanship if properly installed, used in a normal manner and properly serviced and maintained during the specified warranty period.
- Warranty is valid only if heat tab is not melted or missing or altered. (Altered, means not our heat tab) (See heat tabs for clarification) Please see heat tabs page for clarification.
- Regular Engine Service must comply with original manufacturing service specifications. Proof of Regular Service must be submitted in the event of a claim!
- Any foreign part that is digested into the combustion chanbers. Parts can include previous broken piston parts, screws, bolts, or washers are just some examples.
Disclaimer and Exclusions to Coverage
Warranty period commences the day the product is delivered to the original purchaser. This warranty, however, does not cover any labor costs incurred in diagnosis of defects, removal or reinstallation of a product, nor does it cover any other consequential expenses.
This limited warranty does not apply if "the engine" is:
- Installed in vehicles used for racing or contains high performance modifications
- Modified, altered, abused, unreasonably used, improperly installed, damaged by accident, fire, negligence, misuse, overheating, detonation, or lack of lubrication; also included but not limited to: installed in incorrect application, incorrect or defective units or accessory equipment attached to the engine not authorized by Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines, not installed into an application in which it was originally intended.
- Not properly serviced, maintained or fueled in accordance with the original manufacturer's specifications.
- This warranty shall not apply to any standard production engine, which has been adapted to propane or L.P.G. fuels.
This limited warranty excludes:
Transportation expense of a defective engine or part to or from Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines.
Compensation for inconvenience or loss of use.
The cost of a rental car, storage fees, lodging, reimbursement for time off work, loss of income, commercial loss, towing charges, telephone calls, legal fees and costs, oil, filters, anti-freeze fluids or other consequential damages.
Repairs otherwise covered if performed without prior authorization from Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines or specifically authorized for local purchase.
All allegedly defective products must be returned pre-paid for inspection for the warranty to be considered.
In no event shall recovery of any kind against Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines be greater in amount than the purchase price of the unit sold by Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines. Without limiting the foregoing, you assume all risk and liability for loss, damage or injury to you and your property and to others and their property arising out of use or misuse of, or inability to use, "the unit" not caused directly by the negligence of Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines. This limited warranty shall not extend to anyone other than the original purchaser of the unit, or the person for whom it was purchased, and states your exclusive remedy. All contests to this Limited Warranty must be presented solely in the Court of Cook County, Chicago, Illinois.
Basic Overview of Warranty Procedure
Customer must first phone Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines and notify them of the problem. Upon the discrepancy of Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines the defective part will either be repaired locally or sent back to Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines for warranty inspection.
- If the repairs are going to be performed locally the customer must receive an LR (Local Repair) number. Defective parts along with any invoices must be returned to Budget Engine Rebuilders Inc. and/or DBA Chicago Engines.
- If the defective product is going to be returned for inspection the customer must first obtain an RGA (returned goods authorization) number and must be returned freight pre-paid. No parts may be returned without a RGA # ,no exceptions.
- If the inspection shows that the warranty issue was that of material defects or poor workmanship the appropriate steps will be taken to have the product fixed and returned as promptly as possible. Inbound freight will be reimbursed.
However, if it arrives that the warranty problem is not that of material defects or poor workmanship the customer will be contacted and has the decision to: a) have the shop repair the unit, incurring all charges along associated or b) have the product returned freight collect to the location of their choice.
REMANUFACTURED ENGINE LIMITED WARRANTY
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF AND EXCLUDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.